Current Planning Announcement:
Southwest Bypass Land Use Plan Survey
We want to hear from you!
Help determine the future of your community. The Southwest Bypass Land Use Plan is underway, and we want your input!
Take the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SWBypass.
The purpose of the survey is to gain insight into the type of development residents and other stakeholders would like to see within the study area and to help determine the priority infrastructure improvements, recreational projects and economic development initiatives.
Attend the workshop scheduled for 4:00-7:00 on Monday April 9th, 2018 at the Goess Student Center at Pitt Community College (169 Bulldog Run, Winterville, NC 28590).
For more information visit the Project Website: https://www.pittcountync.gov/715/Southwest-Bypass-Land_
Winterville is a great place to live - a town with a great location and small town appeal! The Winterville Planning Department coordinates and oversees the Town’s planning program. Planning staff is available to provide information and answer questions concerning issues such as zoning, setback requirements, subdivision regulations, rezoning matters, property issues, annexations, thoroughfare plans, and other construction and development related issues.
Activities of the Planning Department include:
- Organizing and conducting planning projects and studies
- Performing research and presenting recommendations concerning land use, zoning, subdivision administration, annexation, and other current and long range planning studies
- Preparing map presentations
- Developing and maintaining base mapping
- Enforcement of the zoning ordinance
- Reviewing development plans with regard to adherence to appropriate ordinances
- Providing assistance to various Town boards and commissions
- Consulting with other Town departments, consultants, other governmental agencies, developers, and individuals to explain plans and projects
- Enforcement of various chapters of the Town Code of Ordinances
- Copies of the Town’s development related regulations, mapping, plans, and various other data and materials are maintained by the Planning Department.
Information and Resources:
- Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance, Minimum Housing Code
- Land Development Plan, Thoroughfare Plan
- Town Limits Map, Zoning Map, House Addressing Map
- Subdivision Plats
- Records of Planning and Zoning Board Meetings and Board of Adjustment Meetings
- Census Data
Planning and Zoning Board
Board of Adjustment
Tree Board and Program
Draft Hazard Mitigation Plan 2015