Welcome to Winterville! Where Business is Pleasure…
Located in the heart of North Eastern North Carolina’s economic hub, 85 miles south-east of Raleigh and adjacent to Greenville, Winterville is truly a great town in which to live, work, visit, play and retire. Winterville boasts a small town friendly atmosphere with the advantages and amenities of a city. For more information, please contact Stephen Penn, Winterville’s Economic Development Planner.
Location – Location – Location:
N. C. Highway 11, U.S. 264 and U.S. Business 264 are located in the region, making access to domestic and foreign markets easy. Much of the East Coast’s major destinations and markets are available within a day’s drive, while air, rail and deep water ports are located in close proximity, allowing access to worldwide markets.
Educated Workforce and Training Opportunities:
Our workforce is educated by state of the art schools that specialize in training and preparing their students for practical and real world business. Fifty percent of our population have an associates or higher degree of education. Training opportunities are avaliable through East Carolina University, Pitt Community College and Miller-Motte College.
- Neither N.C. nor Pitt County levies an inventory tax. In addition, there are no estate or inheritance taxes.
- North Carolina has a low per capita tax burden.
- State and local taxes are well balanced between corporate and individual taxpayers.
- Maximum state corporate tax rate is 2.5% for 2021.
- Current County property tax rate is $.72/$100.
- Current Winterville property tax rate is $.475/100.
- Neither Pitt County nor any of its communities levy an income tax.
- North Carolina levies a 4.75% retail sales tax.
- Pitt County levies a 2.25% local sales tax, more than half of which is allocated for public schools.
Local and State Resources:
Companies who meet certain requirements are able to take advantage of state tax credits and other incentives that include sales and use tax discounts, exemptions and refunds, discretionary programs and other cost-saving programs. *For more information on State resources, click the North Carolina’s Department of Commerce website Thrive: http://www.thrivenc.com/incentives/financial
*Pitt County incentives: http://locateincarolina.com/location-incentives/
*There are also opportunities for entrepreneurs looking for assistance and support. Contact Stephen Penn to assist you in the right direction.
Vacant Buildings and Available Land:
Contact Stephen Penn if you are seeking available buildings or land. We keep a list of sites for residential and commercial developers.
Contact us for more information:
Economic Development Planner
Town of Winterville
P.O. Box 1459
Winterville, NC 28590
Office: (252) 215-2360
Cell: (252) 902-4473