Welcome to Winterville Parks and Recreation Department website.
The mission of the Town of Winterville Parks & Recreation Department is to effectively and efficiently meet the recreation needs and interests of residents of all ages. Efforts to fulfill our mission focus on the updating of present facilities and playgrounds, planning for the acquisition of future facilities, and the provision of a wide range of year round recreation activities that utilize traditional and innovative programming ideas.
Due to the threat of COVID-19, and as a result of information being released by governmental and non-governmental organizations at the Federal, State, and local levels, the Town of Winterville Parks & Recreation Department has suspended all programming through April 30, 2020. Programming suspension includes programs, classes, special events, and athletics (all league activities).
In addition to programming suspension:
- Facility Rentals: Amphitheater, Park pavilions, and athletic fields – suspended through April 30, 2020.
- Town parks are open. Please view below for information related to use and closures of specific facilities within parks:
- Restrooms closed beginning March 17, 2020.
- Picnic shelters and playgrounds closed beginning at 5:00 p.m. on March 26, 2020.
- Outdoor basketball courts closed effective March 30, 2020.
- Athletic Fields (ball fields and multi-purpose fields), tennis courts, amphitheater, and batting cages (including warm-up area adjacent to cages) closed beginning April 1, 2020.
- Park facilities not specifically listed as closed remain open.
- Open park facilities may not be used by groups of ten or more people.
- Park visitors shall follow social distancing guidelines of six feet or more.
There are a number of Parks and Recreation programs with ongoing registration. While walk-in registration is not currently an option, there are a number of registration options available:
- Phone: To register for programs via phone call, please contact Parks and Recreation Department at 252-756-1487.
- Online: Access Parks and Recreation section of the Town web page by CLICKING HERE.
- Paper: Paper registration forms can be downloaded by clicking link below. Registration forms can also be obtained at drive through at Winterville Town Hall.
The COVID-19 situation continues to be fluid and Town Staff continues to monitor the situation. Additional information will be posted and kept up to date on this page.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Winterville Parks & Recreation at 252-756-1487.
Prep & Jr Babe Ruth Baseball
2020 Registration: March 16th - April 6th
Winterville teams participate in the Greenville/Pitt County Babe Ruth League. Home games are played at AG Cox Middle School. Away games are played at North Pitt High School, Ayden-Grifton High School, Farmville Central High School, and Guy Smith Park.
- Game Days: Monday-Sunday
- Practice Days: Monday-Sunday
- Season: May-June
- Ages: Prep League 13 year olds, Jr Babe Ruth ages 14-15
- 13 year olds are allowed to play up in Jr Babe Ruth but are encouraged to play in league for age group, Prep League.
Winterville T-Ball & Pee Wee Baseball Registration
When: In person and online February 17th-March 13th. In person registration available at the Winterville Operations Center during normal business hours.
Late Registration: Begins March 14th and will remain open as long as spots remain available (online & walk-in); includes $10 late fee.
Where: Click “online registration & reservation” link at top of this page. Walk-In: 2936 Church Street Winterville, NC 28590
Divisions: T-Ball 4-5 year olds; Pee Wee 5-6 year olds
Fees: Resident: $35 / Non-Resident: $45
Additional information can be obtained by clicking on the Youth Sports tab on left side of screen.
Interested in coaching? Please visit Coaching Corner by clicking tab on left side of screen.
Adult Slow Pitch Softball
Winterville Parks & Recreation offers adult slow pitch softball for men's, women's, and co-ed divisions within Church and Open Leagues. Registration is open and goes through April 29th. For additional information please click Adult Athletics link on left side of this page.
Fitness Class Registration
Registration is currently open for upcoming session(s) of: Zumba & Tai Chi. For session information, costs, locations, etc., please click Programs link on left side of this page.