Welcome to Winterville Parks and Recreation Department website.
The mission of the Town of Winterville Parks & Recreation Department is to effectively and efficiently meet the recreation needs and interests of residents of all ages. Efforts to fulfill our mission focus on the updating of present facilities and playgrounds, planning for the acquisition of future facilities, and the provision of a wide range of year round recreation activities that utilize traditional and innovative programming ideas.
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW IMPORTANT WINTERVILLE BASEBALL UPDATE - Resuming Play
- Winterville Prep & Jr Babe Ruth Update: Prep (13 year olds) and Jr Babe Ruth (13-15 year olds) seasons will take place! For those interested, but not yet registered, we are still accepting registrations. Registration will close at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 11th. Link to register is located at top of page. Based upon information provided by Pitt County Babe Ruth officials (league in which Winterville teams participate), games will begin week of June 22nd or 29th and run through end of July. Additional information will be posted as it is made available.
- The 2020 Adult Softball season is cancelled. Cancelling a season is not a decision made lightly by the Town. Unfortunately, this decision was necessary as a result of a variety of factors. Department Staff will begin contacting registered participants the week of June 1st to discuss refunds.
- Indoor Programs:
- Due to the nature of WPR programming, and restrictions in Phase 2 of Governor Cooper’s Executive Order, indoor programs remain suspended through Phase 2.
- Suspension will be re-evaluated once information is released for next Phase of State recovery.
- July Concert and Movie Series events cancelled.
- 2020 Concert and Movie Series events have been rescheduled and are now scheduled to take place in August, September, and October.
- Decisions on additional schedule modifications for 2020 Concert and Movie Series events will be made once information is released for next Phase of State recovery.
- Athletic Travel Tournaments:
- Due to size and nature, no athletic travel tournaments will be hosted at Town of Winterville parks through Phase 2.
- Decision to host athletic travel tournaments in next phase of State recovery will be made once information is released.
- Picnic shelters and playgrounds, located in Town parks remain closed until further notice. Facilities not listed as closed remain open.
- No shelter or other facility rentals at this time.
- All park facilities not specifically closed under Section 5a are open for use.
- Social Distancing and Gathering Limitations – Phase 2 of Governor Cooper’s Executive Order:
- Gathering Limitations: In Phase 2, gatherings of more than ten (10) people in a single indoor space remains prohibited. In outdoor spaces, gatherings of more than twenty-five (25) people are prohibited.
- Maintain at least six (6) feet social from other individuals, with the exception of family or household members.
There are a number of Parks and Recreation programs with ongoing registration. While walk-in registration is not currently an option, there are a number of registration options available:
- Phone: To register for programs via phone call, please contact Parks and Recreation Department at 252-756-1487.
- Online: Access Parks and Recreation section of the Town web page by CLICKING HERE.
- Paper: Paper registration forms can be downloaded by clicking link below. Registration forms can also be obtained at drive through at Winterville Town Hall.
The COVID-19 situation continues to be fluid and Town Staff continues to monitor the situation. Additional information will be posted and kept up to date on this page.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Winterville Parks & Recreation at 252-756-1487.
Fitness Class Registration
Registration is currently open for upcoming session(s) of: Zumba & Tai Chi. For session information, costs, locations, etc., please click Programs link on left side of this page.