Town of Winterville
Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) – Release #4
As we continue to maneuver our first week under the Governor’s State Wide “Stay-at-Home” Order, the Town would like to remind citizens of a few essential pieces of information:
- The Town of Winterville remains under a local State of Emergency. Be reminded this is for precautionary purposes as previously stated in other COVID-19 related information.
- April 30, 2020 is the current “end date” for Governor Cooper’s statewide “Stay-at-Home” Order. Please be advised that said “end date” is subject to be extended.
- “Mass gatherings” of ten (10) or more people are expressly prohibited. We also strongly urge people to continue to use “social distancing” guidelines of six (6) feet or more.
- Town Offices are closed to the public until further notice.
- Town of Winterville Facility Rentals had been suspended and events cancelled through April 30, 2020.
- The Town of Winterville has temporarily suspended utility disconnects and late fees.
- Utilities, planning and permitting requests/services should be made by phone or email. The contact information for each Department are as follows:
- Payment of utility bills can be made using one of the following methods:
- Phone options to pay utility and other bills - 252-756-2221 (the convenience fee of $3.00 for processing phone payments will be suspended during the emergency period).
Additional Closures of Town Facilities.
Due to the continued number of rising cases and threat of COVID-19, the Town of Winterville Parks & Recreation Department is closing all Park facilities with the exception of walking trails and greenspace effective Wednesday, April 1, 2020, until further notice. Park visitors shall follow mass gathering rules and social distancing guidelines of six feet or more. Thank you for your patience as we continue to work through this ever-changing situation. For additional information please contact Winterville Parks & Recreation Department at 252-756-1487.
Please monitor the Town of Winterville website (www.wintervillenc.com) and official Town of Winterville social media sites (Facebook and Twitter) to remain up-to-date on important information from the Town of Winterville regarding Town activities and services. Thank you for your continued patience!
Other COVID-19 Related Postings:
Governor Cooper’s “Stay-at-Home” Executive Order (No. 121) - Friday, March 27, 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions (Link)
- Executive Order (No. 121) (Link)
No Mass Gatherings of ten (10) or More People & Practice Proper Social Distancing - Friday, March 27, 2020 (Link)
Attention Winterville Utility Customers Notice - Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 4:00 PM (Link)
No Curfew Notice - Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 7:00 PM (Link)
Proclamation Declaring a State of Emergency - Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 8:00 AM (Link)
Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) - Release #3 - Wednesday, March 25, 2020 (Link)
Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) – Release #2 - Monday, March 16, 2020 (Link)
Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) – Release #1 - Thursday, March 12, 2020 (Link)